How to Enrol

Kindergarten – Year 6

East Kenwick Primary School is a dynamic and innovative school. Due to the high demand for places, the Department of Education has designated East Kenwick Primary School as a local intake area school. If you live outside of the local-intake area we welcome your application for consideration. Please click here to view our local intake area.


Apply now for Kindergarten 2024

Local-Intake Area Enrolments

Students must live within the local-intake area at the time the enrolment commences. A maximum of 3 documents supporting evidence of residential address within the local intake area may be required at the time of enrolment. This may include a copy of a utilities account (electricity, water, gas) or a copy of a tenancy agreement. Enrolment decisions in public schools are made in accordance with Department of Education Enrolment Policy and Procedures which include age, residential location, visa status and educational needs.

Out of Local-Intake Area

Enrolment in pre-compulsory Kindergarten does not guarantee enrolment at East Kenwick Primary School for the following compulsory year unless the child lives in our local-intake area. Applications for Pre- Primary will be considered by the Principal midway through the Kindergarten year as per the Department of Education Enrolment Policy.

Application Process

Parents initially complete an Application for Enrolment Form. Once eligibility for enrolment is confirmed, a formal School Enrolment Form can be completed.

A birth certificate, extract of birth or passport must be sighted during the enrolment process. Students will be placed in the year of study corresponding to their date of birth. A copy of your child's Immunisation History Statement is also required (for instructions on how to obtain this statement visit the Department of Health).

Parents are welcome to call the school and arrange an interview with our Principal to enquire more about our teaching and learning program and view our school's teaching facilities.

The Department of Education’s Education in WA  parent website, has information to assist parents with the application and enrolment processes for their children. 

Overseas Students

In Western Australia, school begins in Kindergarten when your child turns 4 years old by 30 June in the year of enrolment. Compulsory schooling starts in Pre-primary and finishes in Year 12.

In primary school, students have the same teacher for most of the day. They will also have specialist teachers for subjects such as science, art, physical education and languages other than English. 

Our teachers are trained to inspire, motivate and build confidence in students. They work closely with parents to ensure each child thrives at school. Teachers keep parents updated on their children’s progress both informally through the classroom communication application Seesaw and formally through school reporting processes. 

Class sizes are generally between 24 to 32 children, depending on the year group your child falls into. Classes may consist of split year levels, with students from different year levels in the same class. 

You can apply to enrol your child in East Kenwick Primary school or any other WA Government school that is approved to accept overseas fee-paying students.

If your children are in the early stages of learning English, they may be able to attend a 12 month English language program at one of the Intensive English Centres located in Metropolitan schools. A 24 month program is available to students who hold a humanitarian visa. View the Intensive English Centre brochure for locations and further information.

If you have arrived from overseas, you may need to provide additional information and pay tuition fees depending on the Visa you have. If you are planning on moving to Western Australia visit TAFE International to learn more about your enrolment options and the placement conditions that apply to you.

TAFE International Western Australia (TIWA) is the unit within the Western Australian (WA) Department of Training and Workforce Development responsible for the recruitment and admission of international students studying at WA TAFE colleges and Government schools. 

For further information or clarification about studying in Western Australia, please refer to TIWA's website.