The School Health Service
School health nurses support children’s healthy development and wellbeing in primary schools across Western Australia.
Services they offer
Health information for students and families
- School Entry Health Assessment
- Information on parenting programs and resources
- Connecting families and schools with services in the community
- Support for families and schools with student’s complex or chronic health conditions
- Health information for schools to use in the classroom, school newsletter and school website
- School based immunisation program
Students with complex health care needs
For students with additional health needs our nurse can provide advice and support to Department of Education school staff.
We work closely with specialists such as:
- speech pathology
- Child Development Service – Community Health
- Perth Children’s Hospital
How to contact the school health nurse
Our Child and Adolescent Community Health Nurse, Jessica Searle, can be contacted at 6330 3128.